MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB: To manage and run efficiently all types of transactional files including those of a complex nature from initial instruction through to completion.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- To demonstrate excellent knowledge of the Firm’s Conveyancing case management system and all other systems and to be able to prepare all forms and letters on the system accordingly.
- Is accountable for the due diligence, all dealings with other lawyers and other legal aspects on all complex and non complex residential property transactions up to and including exchange and completion of contracts.
- Assesses any issues and/or risks on every transaction owned by them or problem escalated to them, and utilising skills and experience, delivers pragmatic decision making and legal advice to the client and business partners.
- Is responsible for the quality of legal advice given on every residential property transaction allocated to them, including those of a complex nature.
- Is responsible for the legal advice or coaching on problems escalated to them from all members of the team.
- Communicates and ensures implementation of the Firm’s policies and procedures, plans and principles.
Essential: Qualified Solicitor/Licensed Conveyancer
- Experience of managing a high volume residential Conveyancing case load
- Experience of using a case management system
- Experience of dealing with Corporate Estate Agents and referrers
- Experience in all types of residential Conveyancing including leasehold and shared ownership
Knowledge and Skills
Good standard of computer literacy and keyboard skills
- Exceptional residential Conveyancing technical knowledge and skills
- Broad technical knowledge of all issues, processes and developments in residential Conveyancing
- Organisational/time management skills
- Ability to work to deadlines and targets in a high pressure environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build and maintain positive relationships
- Up to date knowledge of relevant regulations and the ability to advise on those
Personality / Other Qualities
- Discretion and ability to work in a confidential environment
- Pleasant, approachable, patient and polite
- Ability to work amidst frequent interruptions whilst maintaining accuracy and attention to detail
- Ensures that all activities and tasks required to be performed are undertaken promptly and proactively, prioritising where appropriate and supports others to do likewise.
- Provides day-to-day coaching and mentoring for all other team members.
- Assesses own development opportunities and creates development plans to improve performance.
- Works to build solid relationships with team members to enable the transaction to be dealt with proactively and in unison with them.