Salary : National Minimum/Living Wage
Reports to: Team Leader
Hours of Work: 8.30 am – 5.15 pm
We now have a vacancy at our Lincoln office for a Legal Support Assistant within our Document Production Team.
Although this is a support role, we are proud of our track record of allowing secretarial and support team members to progress into more senior secretarial roles and fee earning roles.
Chattertons have just achieved “Ones to Watch” status on our first ever staff survey with the Sunday Times Best 100 Companies to Work, which means we have good levels of employee engagement and we are looking to increase engagement over the next year so we can improve our ranking even further.
Key Duties and Responsibilities of the Legal Support Assistant:
- Organising refreshments for meetings;
- Collect, open and distribute DX and Royal Mail post.
- Deliver/collect items by hand for/from other solicitors/nearby businesses.
- All photocopying required by the Document Production Team/Fee Earners.
- Filing and Scanning as directed by the Team Leader.
- Frank outgoing mail ready for collection. Prepare and take DX to collection point.
- Close files using the standard office procedure.
- Provide cover on reception as directed by the Team Leader.
- Carry out miscellaneous general office duties during the course of the day as reasonably requested.
- Ensure all photocopiers are stocked/supplied with paper.
- Check regularly and maintain stock levels of stationery advising the Senior Administration Assistant when orders are required.
- Project work including: developing and maintaining a data base of wills and deeds, locating, retrieving and filing from the system as required.
- Typing of information from manual documents or digital dictation and voice recognition as directed by the Team Leader.
- Answering calls;
- Greeting clients;
- Any other ad-hoc duties.