Hours of Work: 09.00 – 17.15 hrs – Monday to Friday (36.25 hours per week).
Location: Flexible base but requirement to cover all offices.
We are delighted to announce we have a vacancy for an experienced Conveyancer, Licensed Conveyancer or Conveyancing Legal Executive or Solicitor to provide cover at all offices to the Residential Conveyancing Team for holiday and sickness cover.
The role will involve undertaking routine residential and other conveyancing work and providing covering for existing fee earners in the team when on holiday.
You will be a confident, proactive and structured individual who will be experienced in a broad range of matters to include, but not limited to, the following:-
- Picking up a caseload of residential conveyancing and to provide backup for builders conveyancing work when necessary;
- Proven ability to generate work and convert quotations;
- Undertaking necessary searches;
- Client, Estate Agent and Builder liaison;
- Production of standard contract documentation;
- Dealing with enquiries;
- Dealing with exchange, completion and post completion related correspondence and formalities. (to include Stamp Duty Land Tax, Companies House and Land Registry Registrations);
- File Closures;
- Cover may be required for some Commercial Property Transactions on an ad-hoc basis also.
In addition, you will work with the Department’s Marketing Policy to promote and enhance the good reputation and business of the company.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide an ongoing service to existing clients and generate new work where possible.
- Develop and enhance the Conveyancing Department, maximising cross referrals across all offices and areas of the business.
- To produce fee income in line with targets and agreed objectives.
- To keep informed of all changes in the Law and Practice in own area of work.
- Maintain and enhance up to date legal skills.
- Financial control with particular regard to cash flow control through collection of monies on account and billing procedures.
- Maintaining accurate daily records of time spent on client and internal work.
- Perform fee earning work accurately, reliably and in accordance with the Company’s quality and risk procedures.