Hours of Work: 8.30 am – 5.15 pm
We now have a vacancy at our Boston office for a Reception Assistant/Legal Support Assistant within our Document Production Team.
Although this is a support role, we are proud of our track record of allowing support staff to progress into more senior support roles and fee earning roles.
Chattertons have just achieved “Ones to Watch” status on our first ever staff survey with the Sunday Times Best 100 Companies to Work, which means we have good levels of employee engagement and we are looking to increase engagement over the next year so we can improve our ranking even further.
Key Duties and Responsibilities of the Reception Assistant/Legal Support Assistant:
- Provide outstanding levels of client service to clients attending the office or calling in.
- Ensure clients are provided with refreshments.
- Maintain a clean and tidy reception area.
- Organising refreshments for meetings;
- Collect, open and distribute DX and Royal Mail post.
- Frank outgoing mail and take to Post Office collection point. Prepare and take DX to collection point.
- Deliver/collect items by hand for/from other solicitors/nearby businesses.
- Monitoring receipt of faxes and distributing promptly.
- Maintaining petty cash and ensuring payment of authorised expenses, entering information on the accounts database, raising cheques, daily banking duties;
- Initial responsibility for health and safety, accident reporting and First Aid matters as per the Health and Safety policy.
- All photocopying required by the Document Production Team/Fee Earners.
- Filing and Scanning as directed by the Team Leader.
- Close files using the standard office procedure.
- Maintain high levels of client and company confidentiality.
- Carry out miscellaneous general office duties during the course of the day as reasonably requested.
- Ensure all photocopiers are stocked/supplied with paper. Fault reporting and ordering other supplies when auto system fails.
- Monitor, maintain and order stationery supplies.
- Store and retrieve Wills and Deeds as requested and maintain company’s database for Deeds.
- Maintaining the office archive system;
- Typing of information from manual documents or digital dictation and voice recognition as directed by the Team Leader.
- Any other ad-hoc duties.
Chattertons recognises that it is essential to provide equal opportunities to all persons without discrimination. The Company has an Equal Opportunities Policy and this sets out the Company’s position on equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is available upon request.