Salary : £16,483.20 per annum
Hours of Work: 8.30 am – 5.15 pm – Job Share will be considered
The Reception Assistant will provide first point of contact to all clients visiting the office and will be based in reception. They will be responsible for ensuring fee earners are told when clients have arrived for appointments and will ensure accurate messages are taken and information conveyed without delay.
They will support the Legal Assistant as directed by the Team Leader.
The Reception Assistant will form part of the document production team undertaking block typing through manual transcription, digital dictation and voice recognition and assist with filing across the business.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide outstanding levels of client service to clients attending the office or calling in.
- Ensure clients are provided with refreshments.
- Maintain a clean and tidy reception area.
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing mail and DX;
- Closing files in accordance with procedures;
- Maintaining the office archive system;
- Maintaining petty cash and ensuring payment of authorised expenses, entering information on the accounts database, raising cheques, daily banking duties;
- Initial responsibility for health and safety, accident reporting and First Aid matters as per the Health and Safety policy.
- Support the Team Leader as necessary with administrative duties.
- Maintain high levels of client and company confidentiality.
- Take telephone calls on behalf of all staff and convey messages in a timely manner.
- To arrange appointments as required.
- To ensure appropriate information is recorded on the appropriate file management system.
- Create and maintain accurate records
- Store and retrieve Wills and Deeds as requested and maintain company’s database for the same
- Transcribe information from manual document or audio.
- To perform all necessary typing/word-processing, accurately and to deadline within the pool environment across all areas of the law
- To keep work up-to-date – adopting the oldest/most urgent first principle.
- Undertake other duties, as appropriate as directed by the Team Leader
- Work as a team member.
Chattertons recognises that it is essential to provide equal opportunities to all persons without discrimination. The Company has an Equal Opportunities Policy and this sets out the Company’s position on equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is available upon request.