16 Aug, 2019
£17,000 - £20,000 yearly
Oakwood Solicitors Ltd
Roundhay, Leeds, UK
Job Title: Paralegal within the Employers Liability Department
Reporting to: Head of the EL Department
Department: EL/PL Department
Key Tasks (not an exhaustive list)
- Dealing with new enquiries and vetting claims
- Building up their own case load and running the claims from start to finish
- Assisting other fee earners whilst case load is being build up
- Drafting letters of claim/claims notification forms
- Resolving liability
- Requesting medical records
- Arranging medical examinations and reviewing incoming reports
- Valuing claims
- Liaising with third party insurers/solicitors
- Negotiating settlements
- Undertaking fee earning work and providing a profitable contribution to the EL Department.
- A basic understanding of personal injury litigation.
- EL/PL experience is essential
- Paralegal with at least 1-2 years’ personal injury experience handing claims
- Experience to include reviewing records, medical reports and drafting CNFs
- Experience of using case management systems and time recording (ideally Proclaim).
- Litigation experience
- Good attention to detail.
- Excellent client care
- Excellent communication and literacy skills.
- Flexible attitude to work.
- Excellent organisational skills.