Frettens is looking for a newly or nearly qualified solicitor, interested in developing their skills in insolvency law and procedure to join the growing Insolvency and Restructuring team.
You will be working alongside the partner in charge of the team, who is also qualified as an insolvency practitioner and has an established reputation in the field. Their career experience includes secondments to the recoveries department of a bank and also to work alongside appointment-taking insolvency practitioners.
Most of the team's clients are insolvency practitioners acting as liquidators, administrators, trustees in bankruptcy and in other formal appointments. Previous experience in insolvency law is not required.
We welcome applications from people with the following essential skills, attributes and experience:
- A NQ solicitor, or even about to qualify. Up to 3 years experience.
- An interest in developing personal marketing and networking skills
- Desire to become skilled in conveying information accurately and articulately, both verbally and in writing
- Desire to develop negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to motivate yourself to meet / exceed targets
- Ability to structure own workload, making best use of resources and time
- Shows initiative
- Creative, able to generate new ideas and original solutions
- Focuses on detail, needs to be methodical, organised, systematic
- Anticipates client’s future needs, sees opportunities for other teams and makes suitable introductions
- Returns client calls
- Willing to meet new clients and learn to try to win new business
- Promotes Frettens on service and values (rather than price alone) and follows up on viable enquiries
We are a progressive firm and along with a fantastic working environment filled with great colleagues, we offer a generous benefits package, to include some but not limited to, the following:
- Salary is negotiable
- Support for professional training
- Performance-related bonus for qualifying staff
- Private healthcare / health cash plan / life insurance
- Pension contribution
- Additional annual leave on your birthday, long service annual leave entitlement
- Ad-hoc social events including bowling, quizzes, annual staff bbq, monthly drinks
- Monthly and quarterly prizes for referrals and special recognition award
A full job description can be found on our website: www.frettens.co.uk/careers/
PQE 1, PQE 2, PQE 3, Newly Qualified