We are looking for an experienced Litigation Paralegal to join our Litigation team to assist in the provision of a legal service to landlords, letting agents, and general private and commercial clients in a wide caseload of civil litigation matters.
The specialist nature of the duties attached to this post are:
- Dealing with applications for the recovery of posession of property following (and including) service of the appropriate notices to quit/notices seeking possession including liaison with clients, their agents or advisors, solicitors, barristers, county courts and tenants as appropriate as to the issing of possession applications and obatining possession orders and the enforcement of possession orders; all steps up to and including the eviction of tenants from rented property, inclusive of the instruction of solicitor agents and counsel.
- Recovery of unpaid rent and standard money claims, via enforcement of Judgements through the County Courts using various enforcement processes available.
- Assisiting fee earners with specific preparation tasks in existing caseload of civil litigation, in particular property disputes and contentious probate disputes, County Court and High Court proceedings.
- Dealing with general enquiries to the department and progressing these into live files.
- File opening, preparing and providing client care documents.
- Attending external client events and meetings and external firm events form time to time as required, this may involve working outside of normal office hours.
- To provide support and assistance to the team supervisor as and when required.
- To work in the best interest of the client and the firm and provide the highest standards of client care at all times.
The person we are looking for:
- Proficient use of IT;
- Excellent telephone manner;
- Abilitity to communicate effectively at all levels;
- Ability to analyse information and present accurate findings;
- Ability to draft own correspondence, County Court pleadings and applications;
- Ability to advise clients on residential landlord and tenant issues;
- Ability to supervise and delegate to junior staff where appropriate;
- Ability to work within a team in an open plan office environment.