Required approximately 5 years + PQE to undertake all areas of Employment Law contentious and non contentious work. Excellent prospects for the right candidate.
The role will involve in assisting the Head of Employment with advising Directors/HR Team/business owners on day to day employment law issues, examples:
- Grievances and disciplinaries, drafting invite letters, agendas for meetings and advising on options and drafting decision letters.
- advising on director high level removals, for example, under SOSR (dismissals for some other substantial reason).
- advising on redundancy and tailoring selection criteria to fit circumstances and advising on meetings.
- reviewing contracts and handbooks.
Other work examples are:
- work with corporate team on transactional work, including share sales and purchases, assets transfers which involve TUPE, reviewing warranties in the SPA, carrying out employment due diligence.
- drafting or reviewing service agreements and settlement agreements.
- work with Litigation team around post termination restrictive covenants.
- drafting and advising on settlement agreements.
- advising on furlough and COVID issues.
- appeals against OFSTED/regulatory decisions.
- some limited knowledge of GDPR and IP useful.
- hosting seminars for existing clients once/twice a year (6 last year).
- hosting training sessions for clients, ie running disciplinary meetings.
- drafting and/or suggesting articles for our website.
Apply with full CV and current salary to: firstname.lastname@example.org