We are looking for a Legal Secretary to join our Family team in Christchurch to provide administrative and support services to the Fee Earners.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Acting as the first point of contact for the department with people from inside and outside the firm.
- Screening telephone calls, enquiries and requests, and handling them when appropriate.
- Monitoring voicemails and taking any telephone messages in the Fee Earners’ absence.
- Organising and maintaining diaries and making appointments.
- Dealing with Free Consultation enquiries, collecting information and arranging appointments.
- Dealing with correspondence and writing letters on behalf of the Fee Earners.
- Organising and prepping Fee Earners for any meetings and providing refreshments where required.
- Dealing with incoming emails, faxes and post, and recording these on Visual Files.
- Producing any documents, reports, correspondence etc as required, dictated or otherwise.
- Producing invoices and reporting billed figures to the Fee Earners.
- Ensuring client files are kept up to date, filing all documentation etc.
- Assistance / cover for other secretaries, as required.
- Occasional support on miscellaneous projects or for other senior staff if time permits.
We welcome applications from people with the following essential skills, attributes and experience:
- Minimum GCSE qualifications
- Excellent organisational skills
- Fast accurate typing
- Ability to convey information accurately and articulately, both verbally and in writing
- Can communicate effectively at all levels
- Focuses on detail, needs to be methodical, organised and systematic
- Able to prioritise workload and deal with interruptions
- Returns client calls and maintains client contact appropriately
- Uses initiative
- Excellent customer service
Download a copy of the full job description here.
Salary and Benefits
Salary is negotiable dependent on experience. Frettens offer a wide range of benefits to our staff - See Working at Frettens - Benefits.