Main purpose and objectives
Conveyancing Administrators work as part of a first-line team providing accurate and timely administrative and telephone support to the conveyancing teams. These entry-level roles offer candidates with little or no work experience in conveyancing (or the law) a supported and valuable role within an established department and the first step in their career in conveyancing.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Administrators are expected to undertake some or all of the following tasks depending on their skills and experience:
- To answer the telephone and deal proactively with a wide range of queries;
- To make introductory calls to clients and agents;
- Update and follow-up clients, agents and third parties by telephone and email;
- Collect post and DX from reception and distribute to conveyancers;
- Scan and allocate unclaimed daily post and DX to conveyancers;
- Responsible for taking daily post and DX at the end of the day (on rota basis);
- To undertake file opening procedures in an accurate and timely manner;
- To provide, produce and email quotes from the system;
- Take initial card payments, update the database and prepare posting slips;
- Scan ID to SOS and carry out the AML searches;
- ‘Find a Lawyer’ check;
- Deal with memorandums of sale;
- Obtain and check official copy entries (freehold and leasehold where appropriate);
- Update TM Secure, manually add files to TM (if necessary) and close files on SOS / TM;
- To undertake post completion procedures if required;
- Ensure compliance with SRA, Lexcel, Law Society Quality Scheme standards, SARs and accounting requirements;
- Any other duties deemed to be within the capability of the post holder
- Passionate about giving outstanding client care to clients and referrers;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, sensitivity, tact and diplomacy;
- Accurate and articulate in written and spoken communication (including excellent spelling and grammar);
- Attention to detail, accuracy with numbers and calculations;
- Excellent administrative, planning and organisation skills to meet deadlines, understanding the importance of working to strict time scales;
- Proficient in the use of all MS Office applications, email and the internet;
- Pro-active and self-motivated with a desire to learn / progress in a career in conveyancing.
- Knowledge and understanding of case management (SOS Connect), land registry portal and online conveyancing software;
- Basic knowledge of the Law of Property;
- Basic knowledge of the conveyancing process from start through to post completion.
- 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays + 2 x Ex-gratia days (birthday & Christmas).
- Bank of Talbots (Staff credit for legal fees)*.
* Subject to qualifying period of service.