Main purpose and objectives
The primary purpose is to support the Marketing Manager execute the sales and marketing strategies in line with the Company’s Strategic Business Plan.
This is a varied, challenging and relational role to drive internal and external engagement and raise brand awareness in the marketplace. The role will be focused on supporting comms and engagement improvements, increase marketing bandwidth as we target new channels and geographies. The role will also lead on some of the charity partner engagement and associated project activity.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- To deputise for the Marketing Manager, and support all sales, comms, engagement and marketing activities.
- To ensure that all marketing, promotional literature is up to date, compliant, and is available for multiple use across print, email, social media.
- Identify new networking opportunities that grow our business geography or functional reach, delivery from concept to hosting successful events.
- Working with marketing materials, utilise internal and external data sources to generate new sales leads, network contacts.
- Support the brand awareness improvement through the use of new marketing channels.
- Support the internal comms and engagement improvements to improve transparency in performance to all employees in the business.
- Organise and support seminars/webinars.
- Manage relations with key charity partners, dealing with internal and external engagement to ensure charity events are successful.
- Any other duties deemed to be within the capability of the post holder.
- Motivated and have meticulous attention to detail and good project management processes.
- Passionate about maintaining brand consistency.
- Calm under pressure with a positive attitude.
- An excellent team player.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Team player who is able to work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ability to take direction and instruction from supervisors and carry out tasks in a timely manner to meet deadlines;
- Passionate about giving outstanding client care to clients and referrers;
- Social media advocate with confidence in multi-system updates
- Proficient in the use of all MS Office applications, email and the internet;
- Excellent understanding and command of language
- Pro-active and self-motivated with a desire to learn / progress in a career in this area business support.
- Ensure all works are compliant with SRA, Lexcel, Law Society Quality Scheme standards, SARs and accounting requirements
- A professional marketing qualification at degree or postgraduate level is ideal, however not essential.
- Experience of working in a professional services environment.
- 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays + 2 x Ex-gratia days (birthday & Christmas).
- Company pension scheme.
- Group Life Insurance*.
- Talbots Bonus Scheme*.
- Bank of Talbots (Staff credit for legal fees)*.
* Subject to qualifying period of service.
Salary range: £20,000-£30,000 per annum depending on experience
Equality, diversity and inclusion
Talbots is an equal opportunities employer and we believe all employees should be treated fairly and equitably. The Company is committed to eliminating discrimination and promoting equality, diversity and inclusion in the workplace including within our Policies and Procedures, and the areas in which it should have influence.