The key purpose of this role is to provide accurate and timely administrative and telephone support to lawyers, trainee solicitors and paralegals in our litigation, PI and employment law teams. Administrators are expected to be well organised, able to multi-task and to manage changing priorities with a pro-active approach to their work. Administrators use the case management system (SOS) and MS Office applications to undertake a range of administrative duties in a paper-light working environment.
Key tasks and responsibilities (full training will be given)
- Undertake file opening procedures in an accurate and timely manner;
- Document preparation or formatting;
- Archiving procedures;
- Preparation of bundles and other court documents;
- Copying, scanning and distribution of documents;
- Diary management including adding / updating key dates and the booking and scheduling of client appointments; handling of confidential information, and liaising with clients.
- Answer the telephone and deal proactively with a wide range of queries;
- Communicate with clients, agents and third parties by telephone and email;
- Liaising with dictate now/ (or equivalent typist) and finalising documentation to include emails and letters;
- Collect, scan and allocate incoming post to team;
- Collate post and DX for post at the end of the day;
- To provide, produce and email quotes from the system;
- Take initial card payments, update the database and prepare posting slips;
- Scan ID to SOS and carry out the AML searches;
- ‘Find a Lawyer’ check;
- Ensure compliance with SRA, Lexcel, Law Society Quality Scheme standards, SARs and accounting requirements;
- Any other duties deemed to be within the capability of the post holder.
- Passionate about giving outstanding client care to clients and referrers;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, sensitivity, tact and diplomacy;
- Accurate and articulate in written and spoken communication (including excellent spelling and grammar);
- Attention to detail, accuracy with numbers and calculations;
- Excellent administrative, planning and organisation skills to meet deadlines, understanding the importance of working to key dates and strict time scales;
- Proficient in the use of all MS Office applications, email and the internet;
- Pro-active and self motivated.
- Knowledge and understanding of case management systems;
- Basic knowledge of topics and procedures in litigation, employment and / or personal injury law.
This is an entry level position with progression routes to a Paralegal role.
- 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays + 2 x Ex-gratia days (birthday & Christmas).
- Company pension scheme.
- Group Life Insurance*.
- Talbots Bonus Scheme*.
- Bank of Talbots (Staff credit for legal fees)*.
* Subject to qualifying period of service.
Salary starting point: National Minimum Wage