If you’re clear-headed, methodical and with a good head for figures then you’ll enjoy the role of Finance Administrator. Working as part of an established and busy Finance Team your responsibilities will depend on your current (and potential) skills and your previous experience. Training on Solicitors Accounts Rules and the Company’s Case Management System (SOS Connect) will be provided for candidates without previous experience of working in a law firm or with this software.
You will be expected to undertake some or all of the following tasks depending on your skills and experience:
· Reconciling client statements;
· Client cheque postings;
· Printing client cheques;
· Processing card payments over the phone;
· Posting and paying supplier statements;
· File invoices and statements;
· Deal with client and colleague enquiries;
· Process staff expenses;
· Ensure compliance with SRA, Lexcel, Law Society Quality Scheme standards, SARs and accounting requirements;
· Any other duties deemed to be within the capability of the post holder.
· Passionate about giving outstanding client care to colleagues and third parties;
· GCSE maths + attention to detail, accuracy with numbers and calculations;
· Excellent interpersonal skills, sensitivity, tact and diplomacy;
· GCSE English + accurate and articulate in written and spoken communication (including excellent spelling and grammar);
· Good administrative and organisation skills to meet deadlines, understanding the importance of working to strict time scales;
· Proficient in the use of all MS Office applications, email and the internet;
· Pro-active and self motivated with a genuine desire to learn / progress in a career in finance and accounts.
· Experience of working in a legal services environment;
· Familiar with Solicitors Accounts Rules (SARs);
· Basic book-keeping, Association of Accounting Technicians studies or similar;
· Knowledge and understanding of custom software e.g. SOS Connect, Barclays portal and online accounts software.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
Talbots is an equal opportunities employer and we believe all employees should be treated fairly and equitably. The Company is committed to eliminating discrimination and promoting equality, diversity and inclusion in the workplace including within our Policies and Procedures, and the areas in which it should have influence.