12 Oct, 2021
Main purpose and objectives
- Delivering legal advice in relation to commercial litigation matters, the successful candidate will work as part of multi-disciplinary team acting for commercial clients and individuals.
- Acting for local and national clients on a full-range of matters, the team comprises administrators, paralegals, trainee solicitors, lawyers, associates and directors combining strong generalist knowledge and niche areas of specialism.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Advising individuals and business clients on a full range of disputes ranging from debt recovery, property litigation, shareholder disputes, warranty disputes, partnership disputes contract disputes, professional negligence claims and general commercial litigation;
- Ensure compliance with SRA, Lexcel, Law Society Quality Scheme standards, SARs and accounting requirements;
- Any other duties deemed to be within the capability of the post holder.
- Experience (NQ - 3 years) of dealing with a range of litigation post qualification;
- Passionate about giving outstanding client care and service;
- Excellent interpersonal and team working skills;
- Accurate and articulate in written and spoken communication (including excellent spelling and grammar);
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy;
- Ability to use own initiative to problem solve;
- Engage in business development;
- Excellent administrative, planning, organisation and time management skills to meet deadlines;
- Proficient in the use of IT, including all MS Office applications, email and internet.
- Supporting corporate and commercial colleagues in mergers, acquisitions, share sales, property litigation and other corporate and commercial transactions;
- Advocacy in Civil Courts;
- Desire to become an accredited mediator.
- 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays + 2 x Ex-gratia days (birthday & Christmas).
- Company pension scheme.
- Group Life Insurance*.
- Talbots Bonus Scheme*.
- Bank of Talbots (Staff credit for legal fees)*.
* Subject to qualifying period of service.
Salary starting point: £32,000 per annum depending on experience.
PQE 1, PQE 2, PQE 3, Newly Qualified