We have an exciting opportunity for a full time Trainee Legal Cashier for our Colchester based Finance Team.
Birkett Long Solicitors are redefining what it means to be a Lawyer. Based in Essex, with offices in Chelmsford, Basildon and Colchester, Birkett Long focuses on people – our clients, our employees, our business partners and those in our local communities.
We are a modern thinking Legal 500 law firm and this is an ideal opportunity to join a successful and thriving practice.
You will join the busy Accounts team to provide cashier assistance, contributing towards the smooth and efficient running of the office. This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic individual and full training will be given. This role is based in the Colchester office but will be eligible for some home working, if required, in line with the Firm’s home working guidelines.
• Dealing with CHAPS and electronic payments
• Recording account transactions
• Preparing daily banking and taking it to the bank
• Processing card payments from clients
• Checking and processing of expense claims
• Checking and posting bills
• Assisting with adhoc administration
We are looking for a self motivated and flexible team player with a willingness to learn and use their initiative. You will ideally have an interest in working within a cashier role in a legal environment. The candidate will be able to work under pressure with good organisational skills and attention to detail to enable information to be accurately processed.
The ideal candidate will possess:
• A good standard of education with an interest in numeracy. You will have obtained a GCSE as a minimum in mathematics.
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
• knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook
• a professional attitude and appearance;
• excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
If you believe you have the skills we are looking for, please send us your CV.