25 Mar, 2019
Position: Apprentice Administrative Assistant
Responsible to: Newark Partner
Hours of Work: 8.45am – 5.00pm, Monday to Friday
Department: Support Team
To support excellence in overall delivery by the firm, through the provision of flexible support in 3 main areas – reception, administration and support to Newark staff.
• Well developed interpersonal skills. • Excellent telephone manner. • Confidentiality. • Excellent internal and external client care with ‘can do’ attitude and ability to build ‘business partner’ relationship. • Enthusiasm and commitment to excellence. • Flexibility and strong team playing skills (with lead receptionist and wider team/firm) • Well organised. • Sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word and Outlook.
• Greeting clients and attending to their individual requirements and other callers to the office.
• Keeping meetings rooms clean and tidy - clearing of meeting rooms, washing dishes and cutlery and putting items away
• Keeping reception tidy
• Providing reception overflow service during busy times, answering telephone calls promptly and efficiently and placing them appropriately within the firm.
• Certifying copy ID documentation for internal purposes.
• Hospitality at reception and for meetings.
• Opening and date stamping of all incoming mail and the distribution of the incoming mail.
• Attending to photocopying, filing, mail merges, provision of bill paper and such other duties as are required to provide full support to the staff at Newark. • Organising the internal collection and despatch of post in readiness to take to the Post Office.
• Checking all printers/photocopiers throughout the office and restocking the supply of paper as needed; monitor alerts, deal with orders of supplies and replace as necessary.
• Checking all supplies of stationery and other general consumables within the office and ensuring their replenishment as necessary. • Undertaking any other tasks/duties as may be reasonably required.
Support to Newark:
• Logging the incoming cheques into the cheques received log and taking banking to the bank.
• Time recording for Newark Partner onto Liberate.
• Using Outlook to arrange ad hoc and regular meetings within the firm (with consideration given to reasonable convenience of those attending) and which may include external venues.
• Keeping kitchens stocked up with tea, coffee, milk, etc., towels and tea towels and arranging laundry.
• Ensuring the wheelie bin is put out on a Friday evening and brought in on a Monday morning.
• Pre-planned help with marketing events eg. using checklist of requirements.
• Assisting Records & Premises Maintenance Coordinator with maintenance issues.
• Transcription, photocopying and flexible admin duties as appropriate.
• Any other tasks as allocated by a Partner or a member of the Management Team.
Andrew & Co Solicitors